Date(s) - 10/15/2019 - 10/18/2019
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
What She Said: How Women are Using Music to Advance Sociopolitical Change
Thursday, October 17, 11:00 a.m.
Williamsburg, Brooklyn, NY
Hosted by the Women’s International Music Network – producers of the She Rocks Awards – and WiMN-founder Laura Whitmore, this panel will include musicians and music business executives weighing in on how we can harness our music writing and creation, alliances and activations to give a larger voice to issues that affect women and spearhead social and political change.
- Laura Whitmore, Moderator, Women’s International Music Network
- Pippa Bexon, Director of Client Services, Situation Interactive
- Michelle Shocked, Artist, Mighty Sound
- Paula Franceschi, Singer, Songwriter, Artist and Equal Meets Equal Music Composer
- Shelley Peiken, Songwriter
- Aisha Cohen, The RZO Companies
Mondo.NYC is the first music festival and global business conference focusing on the intersection of emerging music discovery, blockchain and other frontier technologies, and how these new applications and economies will significantly impact both music and tech industries. Emerging artists, innovators and industry insiders will connect and collaborate with fans in a mission to advance human creativity in an ever-changing world. Please visit https://mondo.nyc for more information.
The WiMN are happy to share a discount code for NYC’s MONDO Music Festival October 15-18. Use code ‘sherocks20’ and get 20% off! Simply register at www.eventbrite.com