The 12th Annual She Rocks Awards Celebrates Another Monumental Year Of Female Achievement And Comradery during the NAMM Show
The She Rocks Awards concludes another incredible year, and the first with presenting partner NAMM, of honoring groundbreaking women and innovators from across the music and audio industries.
The night was kicked off with an electrifying performance by PRS Guitars international touring artist Jimena Fosado, followed by opening remarks from Women’s International Music Network and She Rocks Awards founder Laura Whitmore.
The night proceeded with inspiring speeches from a diverse group of honorees including Holly G, the founder of Black Opry and Black Opry Records, who spoke on the importance of communities like Women’s International Music Network to amplify underrepresented voices. Multi-platinum-selling producer Sylvia Massy spoke on her work with a group of Iranian female musicians, and reminded the crowd of the work that needs to be done to end oppression, not just here in the United States but around the world.
Composer Laura Karpman, who made history last week by being only the fifth female composer to be nominated for an Oscar for her work on American Fiction, encouraged the audience to keep working towards their dreams however impossible they may seem, and explained that progress is not always linear. “Things are not upwards; they are not sideways; it goes up and down and backwards and forwards.”
In her moving acceptance speech honoree Lindsey Stirling went on to say that “events like this are so important because the idea that there are only so many places for women at the table becomes archaic. When women stand together and celebrate one another and we state that if there is only one chair at this table, I will bring up another one, I will make more room.”
The night was rounded out by incredible performances by AIJIA, Susanna Hoffs, Kelsy Karter & the Heroines, Britt Lightning, Laura Karpman performing a piece from the score of American Fiction, and She Rocks Trailblazer honoree Debbie Gibson, who had the crowd, and her devoted group of” Deb-Heads” out of their seats, and dancing in the aisle to a medley of her hits that included “Out of the Blue,” “Electric Youth,” “Shake Your Love,” “Only in My Dreams” and more. The show was streamed live on AXS TV’s YouTube channel, Spin Magazine’s social media channels, and the NAMM+ app and can be viewed in full on the She Rocks YouTube channel.
The 2024 She Rocks Awards was sponsored by NAMM (presenting), PRS Guitars, Positive Grid, Monster Energy, Rock ‘n’ Roll Fantasy Foundation, Reverb.com, Roland, Boss, Taylor Guitars, Exploration.io, Martin Guitar, Fishman, D’Addario, Ernie Ball, Freeman, Shure, Berklee Online, M.A.C Cosmetics, 108 Rock Star Guitars, Sennheiser, Seymour Duncan, D’Angelico, AMPRx, Earthquaker Devices, WRiiG, dw Drums, Cuccio, DiGiCo, SESAC, Hudson Audio Works, Rafter Marsh, Truefire, Sweet Taunts, Billboard, Guitar Girl Magazine, The Hollywood Times, Music Connection, Spin, AXS TV and more.
The 2024 She Rocks Awards Honorees + participants:
- Debbie Gibson – Multi-platinum chart-topping pop artist and Broadway star
- Lindsey Stirling – Ground-breaking electronic violinist, dancer, and artist
- Bonnie McIntosh – Keyboarder. Noisemaker. Headbanger. [Post Malone, Halsey, Kehlani, Selena Gomez] Roland Artist.
- Britt Lightning – Lead guitarist for the all-female Platinum selling ’80s rock band Vixen and the Musical Director at Rock ‘N’ Roll Fantasy Camp
- Kelsy Karter – Australian singer, songwriter, musician, and the frontwoman of Kelsy Karter & The Heroines
- Sylvia Massy – Multi-platinum producer for Tool, System of a Down, Red Hot Chili Peppers and more, and best-selling author
- Laura Karpman – Oscar-nominated film composer and the first female Governor in the Music Branch of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
- Holly G – writer and Founder of the Black Opry and Black Opry Records
- Jamie Deering – CEO of Deering Banjos
- Melinda Newman – Billboard’s Executive Editor for the West Coast and Nashville
- Lindsay Love-Bivens – Artist and Community Relations Manager for Taylor Guitars
- Cassandra Sotos – NAMM Female Entrepreneur of the Year + artist, songwriter, and international-touring violinist. Nashville Chapter Co-Chair of Women in Music.
- Susanna Hoffs – Co-founder and frontwoman for The Bangles, solo artist and author
- AIJIA – artist, songwriter, vocal producer, and performer. (Selena Gomez, Anderson Paak, Mimi Webb, Rachel Platten.)
- Lyndsey Parker – Red carpet host – Journalist, author and TV show host
- Jimena Fosado – International touring guitarist and PRS Guitars artist
To keep up with She Rocks awards sign up on the mailing list at sherocksawards.com.