Music industry trailblazers will take center stage to discuss gender equality and achievements during the “Success Strategies for Women in the Music Industry Panel” on Sunday, Jan. 24, 2016, from 2 – 3 p.m. at the NAMM Idea Center during the NAMM Show.
Hosted by music industry veteran and Women’s International Music Network (WiMN) founder, Laura B. Whitmore, the panel will focus on the challenges and obstacles top women in the music industry have faced—and how they’ve overcome them to create success.
“I’m excited to bring together these powerful role models to share their insights and experiences on this panel. As women, we face unique challenges in our industry and I think it’s important to create awareness, give advice, and affect change. I have no doubt that it will be energetic and informative,” said Whitmore.
- Laura B. Whitmore as moderator, a music industry veteran and the owner of Mad Sun Marketing, a boutique advertising and PR agency that focuses on the music and audio industries. She is the Founder of the Women’s International Music Network, the producer of the She Rocks Awards and the Women’s Music Summit, a journalist, editor and a singer/songwriter.
- Jennifer Batten, best known for having played guitar for Michael Jackson, Batten has also toured and recorded with British guitar icon Jeff Beck.
- Paula Salvatore, Vice President of Capitol Studios, and an integral part of recordings for some of the industry’s most iconic artists.
- Tish Ciravolo, bass player, guitar designer, and the president and founder of Daisy Rock Girl Guitars.
- Rebecca Eaddy, Marketing Communications Manager for Roland Corporation U.S., a leading manufacturer and distributor of electronic musical instruments, including keyboards and synthesizers, guitar products, electronic percussion, digital recording equipment, amplifiers, and audio processing devices.
The session will be held on Sunday, Jan. 24, 2016, at the NAMM Idea Center (Level 1 Lobby) from 2 – 3 p.m.
For more information, visit namm.org.