Gritty in Pink Debuts All GRL Jam at FairWell Fest
Gritty In Pink made their mark last weekend at the FairWell Fest in Central Oregon with the festival debut of their signature All GRL Jam series, with support from sponsors Roland, BOSS, Weedmaps, as well as partners Gibson Guitar, Tunecore and Live Nation Women.
This special edition of the All GRL Jam featured a talented cast of all women/non-binary musicians performing themed cover songs; the set included hits from Sheryl Crow, Elle King, Alicia Keys, Brandi Carlile, St Vincent, Alannah Myles, festival headliner Willie Nelson, Gritty In Pink Advisor Melissa Etheridge, and more. The three-day event started on Friday, July 21, when Gritty In Pink first hit the festival grounds with a backstage activation in the artist lounge, to raise awareness and drive signups for their emerging INPINK talent hub. INPINK is a destination to hire women working in all aspects of the music industry,
backed by Live Nation.
On Saturday, July 22, Gritty In Pink took over the Metolius Stage. Gritty ringleader Shiragirl hosted the set, with an all-star house band:
Musical Director/lead guitarist Lisa Bianco (Lauren Ruth Ward), rhythm guitarist and vocalist Allison Scagliotti (La Femme Pendu), Vashonda Sherra on keys and vocals, bassist Aurora Celena (Pinktastic Plastixx), drummer Melanie Jo (ZZ Top), and Oregon-based guest drummer Delaney Jai.
- Pink-haired hard rocker VK Lynne (The Spider Accomplice) opened the set with “I’m The Only One,” later slayed “Broken Horses,” and sang flawless backing vocals on nearly every song.
- Vocalist/percussionist and flame-haired showstopper Chastity Ashley (Neon Pony, Duran Duran, Tom Morello) revved up the crowd with both her vocals and djembe skills during “Hard To Handle” and “Dark Side.”
- Portland-based singer and YouTube star Bria Kam moved the crowd with her unique rendition of “Black Velvet.”
- Singer and actor Allison Scaglotti (from Drake & Josh) spoke on the ongoing Actors’ strike before crushing “Actor Out of Work” and subsequently, “Lazaretto.”
- Vashonda Sherra brought a strong bluesy vibe, as she stepped up from behind her Roland keyboard to perform “Heartburn” and strutted around the stage.
- Shiragirl brought high energy as she performed “Ex’s and Oh’s,” and gleefully danced with giant inflatable WeedMaps joints during the performance of “Roll Me Up And Smoke Me” alongside fellow vocalists VK Lynne and Allison Scaglotti.
- The Gritty gang closed the set with the Sheryl Crow anthem “All I Wanna Do.”
The All GRL Jam is supported by several influential music brands, including Roland, Boss, and Gibson. Guitarists played a Gibson Les Paul Slash Edition GT Gold Top, Gibson Les Paul Special OD, and Gibson Acoustic Guitar J-45 50’s original VS. Roland provided an array of Boss pedals and a Roland V-Combo VR-09-B performance keyboard.
If you missed out on the fun at the festival, check out Gritty In Pink’s recap video on Youtube of their All GRL Jam debut at FairWell Fest!
ABOUT GRITTY IN PINK
Gritty In Pink is a new platform empowering women in music, building the INPINK
Marketplace. Founder Shira Yevin has a history of breaking down barriers and carving
out a space for women, as the creator of the Vans Warped Tour Shiragirl Stage
featured 300+ female musicians including Joan Jett and Paramore. Gritty In Pink
continues the legacy of providing a community for female voices in a male-dominated
industry, showcasing 280+ artists with a collective following of 30 million on IG/TikTok.