JanaeSound is a rock singer who harnesses an unforgettable voice known to stir the soul. Her style is well-received among critics – “[Janaesound’s] voice is the kind that immediately instills hope with its ardor. It invites, even compels, the listener to stop what she’s doing and let the song wash over her. Said another way, Woodruff’s voice is sensational”, says Maine Today.
She hails from St. Louis where she began cultivating her love for music at the tender age of 9 through the Opera Theatre of St. Louis. Known for her laser focus and unshakeable drive, JanaeSound was unsurprisingly tapped to open for FloRida alongside hometown hero Allen Gates at the 2017 NOW 96.3 NOW Night Out. Janae just released the video for her new single, “Diamonds” which truly showcases the power and beauty in her vocals and delivers an empowering message.
I have one life to live, and I don’t do regret
Janae says about this song: “I wrote ‘Diamonds’ in a dark place that’s all too familiar to artists or anyone with a dream; that moment where despite working the hardest you ever have in your life, you get stuck, all the doors close and the bad outweighs the good. In that darkness, doubt creeps in and you question everything. What am I doing? I’m not good enough, pretty enough, thin enough. I have no money and no team. I’m too old, and all my favorites (indie and mainstream artists) caught their break by now. I felt like it made more sense to stop than to continue pursuing music, but I was determined to push forward. With ‘Diamonds,’ I hope to encourage my listeners to keep going and never give up.”
JanaeSound is on tour through June 2019. Visit her website to purchase tickets and music: janaesound.com
- Feb 03 – Portland, ME @ Portland Media Center
- Feb 11 – Portland, ME @ Blue (Monthly Residency)
- Feb 16 – New York, NY @ The Bitter End
- Feb 17 – Portland, ME @ Merrill Auditorium
- Mar 04 – Los Angeles, CA @ Hotel Cafe
- Mar 11 – Portland, ME @ Blue (Monthly Residency)
- Apr 04 – Burlington, VT @ RadioBean
- May 02 – Portland, ME @ Blue (Monthly Residency)
- May 04 – Portsmouth, NH @ The Music Hall
- June 06 – Portland, ME @ Blue (Monthly Residency)
- June 20 – Yarmouth, ME @ Woodhull Public House