Countdown to 2023: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Everyone at The WIMN team wishes you a Happy New Year as we roll into 2023 tonight at midnight. ‘Tis the season for resolutions, so as we consider how to grow in the year ahead, here are some resources we’ve been loving for career and professional evolution.
Enjoy some of our favorite books by music people this year for creative inspiration and powerful storytelling (and there were so many more!):
- More Myself, Alicia Keys
- Broken Horses, Brandi Carilie
- Crying in H Mart, Michelle Zauner
Listen to learn
Podcasts can be incredible sources of career advice, and there’s one out there for whatever your calling is. Here are a few to work into your rotation:
- For creatives: Create Well
- For business professionals in the industry: ReVoicing the Future
- For everyone: Dare to Lead
Grow as a leader
Mentorship and tailored training programs can be a great way to tap into the wisdom of those already working and to add to the network of people in your corner.
- Get a mentor! Tap into your existing network and see if there’s anyone you’re connected with who’s job you’d like to learn more about. Take them to an informational interview or consider asking them to be your ‘mentor’. In addition, two programs to consider for formal mentorship (though there are many more!) are GRAMMY U and She is the Music.
- Apply to the Women of NAMM Summit! Keep up with the applications on their site and read our coverage of the 2022 Summit HERE.