Date(s) - 08/27/2019 - 10/10/2019
6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
The Unity Council
8 Tuesday evenings
(8/27, 9/3, 9/10, 9/17, 9/24, 10/1, 10/8, 10/15)
from 6:30 PM – 9:00 PM
Fruitvale Avenue, Suite 3A
Oakland, CA 94601
Learn audio recording and production in a professional recording studio environment!
In this 8-class series you will:
- Gain an understanding of the physics and science behind sound and how it affects the recording process
- Learn signal flow and the recording chain
- Learn how microphones work and basic microphone skills
- Learn the basics of digital audio and recording with digital audio workstations like Pro Tools
- How to solder and make your own cables!
- Includes a free 3-month subscription to WAM’s award-winning online training eTextbook at SoundChannel.
About the instructor:
Heidi Trefethen is a sound engineer, multi-instrumentalist and producer with over 25 years of experience in the industry. As a live sound engineer, she has worked with Shawn Colvin, Joan Baez, Herb Alpert and Lani Hall, Odetta, Dar Williams, Jonatha Brooke, Peter and Paul of Peter, Paul and Mary, Don McLean, Joan Armatrading, Buffy Sainte-Marie, Holly Near, and Jane Siberry.
She teaches Music Production, Mixing, Mastering and Recording, Film Scoring, and Audio For Visual Media at the SFJAZZ Digital Lab.
Heidi is also a professional French Hornist who has performed with the Los Angeles Philharmonic, Il Teatro dell’Opera di Roma, in Rome, Italy, the JazzUp Festival in Viterbo, Italy, the SFJAZZ Monday Night Band, the Sacramento Philharmonic, Opera and Ballet, Silicon Valley Symphony, North State Symphony, Santa Rosa Symphony in the San Francisco Bay Area. She has performed and given master classes in Italy, Thailand, Vietnam, Israel, Turkey and Guatemala.