Date(s) - 05/09/2018
5:45 pm - 8:30 pm
The Women’s International Music Network and House of Blues Music Forward Foundation present a panel and mixer for artists, music industry pros and everyone interested in learning how to embrace diversity for a more enriched music experience.
Doors open at 5:45pm. Our panel begins at 6:30pm. A networking mixer will follow at 7:30pm (over 21 only).
The evening also includes complimentary food and drink, live music, plus a fundraising raffle, and much more!
SHE ROCKS TALKS:
Diversity in Music: Authenticity, Identity and Audience
What are the attributes that make an artist unique? How can you explore and tap into those elements to position, market and create a larger presence? In this lively panel, artists and industry experts will explore this idea and provide you with a roadmap to use these characteristics to their full advantage.
The panel will explore:
– How to identify what makes an artist unique and how to choose which attributes to emphasize
– What it means to embrace diversity and how to do it without diluting your identity
– Connecting with diverse audiences to create exposure and sales opportunities
Moderator: Laura B. Whitmore, Founder, The Women’s International Music Network, journalist, singer/songwriter
– Audrey Harrer, Harpist, singer/songwriter, Berklee College of Music’s Creative Director|Marketing Media
– Kiran Gandhi, Performer (as Madam Gandhi), percussionist and activist
– 2Tai, Rapper, dancer, actress, spoken word artist, and Music Forward Alumnus
– Marquetta Moore, Director, Music & Talent, Revolt TV
– Beatie Wolfe, Singer/Songwriter & Innovator
– Caroline Trujillo, Digital Marketing: Maverick Management
Plus live music by Sabrina Lentini.
A fund-raising Raffle with great prizes will also be part of the evening. Raffle prizes include:
– Recording King Acoustic Guitar
– Paul Mitchell hair care gift sets
– Lita Ford autographed and framed guitar art portrait
– House of Blues gift certificate
– An amazing House of Blues swag collection
– and more!
SUGGESTED DONATION OF $5 PER PERSON
Thank you to our sponsors: